The future of Europe and the role of Higher Education in shaping it – a conversation with Federica Mogherini, Jonathan Holslag and Luc Soete.
“We are at a critical and indeed historical point with regard to the significance of education for the new Europe”, the OECD stated back in 1973. It’s 2021, the roaring twenties are hopefully about to kick in, and this statement still holds unequivocally true.
Universities operate in turbulent times, and innovative ways of thinking, working, learning and researching together, locally and globally, are needed to face today’s and tomorrow’s grand societal challenges.
So how is Higher Education best organized in order to rise to its infinitely ambitious goals?
With EUTOPIAn Futures, EUTOPIA wants to stimulate reflection on this very topic. And when EUTOPIA says ‘join our conversation’, we mean that in the most literal way: we want to hear from you.
What have you always wanted to ask rector Mogherini, professor Holslag or professor Soete? Perhaps you want to know more about the societal challenges calling for a transformation of Higher Education? How can we strengthen the position of the EU in the global Higher Education market? Or maybe you’re concerned about employability for young graduates?
Send us your burning questions and most pressing concerns, and perhaps you’ll be one of ten selected students from across Europe to join our virtual panel debate as a panelist!
- Rector Federica Mogherini (rector of the College of Europe and former High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission),
- Professor Jonathan Holslag (professor International Politics at VUB, former special adviser to the Vice-President of the European Commission)
- Professor Luc Soete (Dean of the Brussels School of Governance, Honorary Professor of International Economics at Maastricht University)
- Students of EUTOPIA, Brussels School of Governance and College of Europe
- 19.00: Introduction by professor Luc Soete
- 19.15: Intervention by rector Federica Mogherini
- 19.30 – Intervention by professor Jonathan Holslag
- 19.45 – Panel debate with students of EUTOPIA, Brussels School of Governance and College of Europe
- 20.45 – Closing remarks by professor Luc Soete
Send us your questions here (before April 7th 2021)
EUTOPIAn Futures: the future of Europe and the role of Higher Education in shaping it – a conversation with Federica Mogherini, Jonathan Holslag and Luc Soete is a virtual event organized by EUTOPIA European University in the context of EUTOPIA week, in cooperation with Brussels School of Governance and College of Europe.