The EUTOPIA Career Ambassadors’ Second Workshop : Communicating your Science Effectively
The workshop is aimed at students in scientific or communication courses, as well as PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and even veteran professors, and will focus of how to communicate research material.
The workshop will be helmed by speaker David Peralta, Editor-in-Chief of the medicinal chemistry journal ChemMedChem.
David Peralta obtained both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in chemistry at the Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines. He then moved to Germany in 2009, where he obtained a PhD at the University of Heidelberg, working with the German Cancer Research Center. Starting as an assistant editor in 2014 at Wiley-VCH, working on a number of scientific publications, Peralta climbed his way up to Editor-in-Chief of the medicinal chemistry journal ChemMedChem, in 2017.
His intervention aims to :
- cover good practices in science communication and storytelling,
- share some tips on how one can promote one’s work,
- provide some practical tips on how to improve poster and oral presentations, especially given today’s “virtual” restrictions.
The question this workshop will help to answer is : how do we communicate on scientific work and research, as students, PhD students, researchers, or even professors in scientific domains ?
When and How ?
The workshop will take place online on the 17th of February 2021, from 3p.m to 4p.m CET.
Here’s how to register :
- Go to POPR (https://popr.uni-lj.si/unauth)
- If you are a student, click on “Student UL brez statusa / Other students”. Il you are a staff member of a professor, click on “Ostali / Others”
- Click on « Registracija » and fill in the form
- Within 24h you will receive an email linked to you new account
- Register for the workshop by clicking on this second link : https://popr.uni-lj.si/leap/event.html?id=623&service=Careers+Service