The EUTOPIA Certificate of Internationalisation (EUCI) encourages, recognises, and rewards students’ international learning.
If you’re a registered student at one of the six universities in the EUTOPIA Alliance, you can complete this certificate and gain formal recognition for your international experiences and competencies.
What do I need to do?
- Enrol by completing the application form
- Complete a range of EUTOPIA-related activities
- Attend four coaching sessions
- Compile your reflective portfolio
If your portfolio achieves a ‘pass’ grade, you will be awarded the EUTOPIA Certificate of Internationalisation. This certificate may be eligible for inclusion on your diploma supplement or equivalent.
In the current academic year (2020/21) we will be running a pilot version of this programme. A limited number of places will be offered, and participants will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and creation of learning materials.
Please contact the programme convenor, Lewis Beer firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
To be eligible for this certificate, you must be a registered student at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, University of Gothenburg, CY Cergy Paris Université, Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona), University of Ljubljana, or University of Warwick, in the academic year 2020/21.
You must participate in a range of EUTOPIA-related activities, and be able to document your participation. As a guideline, we recommend participating in at least three activities, but you should discuss this with the programme convenor to find the right approach for you.
You may use activities that took place before you enrolled on the certificate.
The following activities are currently eligible, but this is not an exhaustive list:
- EUTOPIA Student Career Ambassador Scheme
- BeEUTOPIAn Student Conference
- EUTOPIA Undergraduate Research Support Scheme (URSS)
- International Conference of Undergraduate Research
- EUTOPIA Learning Units
- Open Innovation Challenge
- WeDiscover Days
If you are participating in other forms of exchange between your home institution and a EUTOPIA partner institution, please contact the programme convenor, Lewis Beer email@example.com, to discuss the eligibility of these additional activities.
To support your reflective practice and your compilation of a reflective portfolio, you will be able to attend group coaching sessions in which you can discuss your international experiences with your fellow students, and with the guidance of a member of the EUTOPIA team.
Details of these sessions and how to register for them will be sent to you after you enrol.
To demonstrate your international learning, you will compile a reflective portfolio which can include essays, artworks, and multimedia elements such as a video diary. It is expected that your portfolio will amount to roughly 3000 words (or equivalent).
In your portfolio, you will be expected to reflect deeply on the issues discussed, measuring personal development and considering multiple points of view. You will also show how you have fulfilled the following learning outcomes:
- Plurilingual: demonstrate engagement with one or more non-native languages and understanding of the multilingual nature of internationalisation
- Intercultural: demonstrate awareness of relations between different national cultures and ability to reflect on these
- Intersectoral: demonstrate transdisciplinary knowledge and experience in an international, non-academic context
- Challenge-based: demonstrate awareness of and engagement with local or global challenges from an international perspective
Your reflective process will be supported by learning resources and live coaching sessions.
Please enrol using the form on the University of Warwick website. You will be contacted by a member of the EUTOPIA team.
Please note that the EUCI is facilitated through a collaboration between all six universities of the EUTOPIA Alliance. The application form is located on the University of Warwick website, but applications may be reviewed by members of staff from any of the six EUTOPIA partners.