Lisbeth Aggestam (UOG) (email@example.com) Learning Unit lead
Lisbeth Aggestam is associate professor at the Department of Political Science and Centre for European Research, University of Gothenburg. Her research focuses on leadership in foreign policy and the EU as a global actor. She is the co-editor-in chief of the journal Foreign Policy Analysis. She convenes the multidisciplinary MA-course “Europe in the World”.
Andrea Noferini (UPF) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Andrea Noferini is adjunct professor at the Department of Political Science of Universitat Pompeu Fabra and member of the Jean Monnet Chair on EU Governance. His research deals with public policies and institutional reforms in Europe with a special focus on governance, territorial cooperation, cohesion policy, and decentralized cooperation.
Linda Benrais (CY) (email@example.com)
Linda Benraïs is adjunct professor of comparative law and mediation at ESSEC Business Shcool and director of the Governance and Conflict Resolution Programs at the Institute for Research and Education on Negotiation (IRENE). Her research focuses on partnerships, mediation and human rights. She is accredited mediator and judge at the national court of asylum.
Sven Van Kerckhoven (VUB) (Sven.Van.Kerckhoven@vub.be)
Sven Van Kerckhoven is Professor of Business and Economics at Vesalius College and the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel). He also serves as Vice-Dean for Education at both institutions. His research focuses on global economic governance.
Trisha Meyer (VUB) (Trisha.Meyer@vub.be)
Trisha Meyer is Professor of Digital Governance and Participation at Vesalius College and the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel). She is also the Director for the Research Centre on Digitalisation, Democracy and Innovation at both institutions and the Academic Coordinator of the Jean Monnet Summer School on EU Policy-Making. Her research focuses on digital platform governance.
Christian Soegaard (UOW) (C.Soegaard@warwick.ac.uk)
Christian Soegaard is a lecturer in economics in the Department of Economics at the University of Warwick and Director of Student Engagement and Progression. He teaches the third year module EC307 Macroeconomic Policy in the EU. His research focus is international trade.
Mojmir Mrak (UOL) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mojmir Mrak is professor at the School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana. He has also been a regular visiting professor at WU in Vienna (Austria) and at BSB in Dijon (France). His main research fields include national and EU public finances, EU accession as well as international capital flows. Mojmir Mrak is author, coauthor and editor of numerous books published by international publishers and respective international journals.
Vasja Rant (UOL) (email@example.com)
Vasja Rant is an associate professor at the School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana. He teaches Economic policies of the EU at master level and international finance at undergraduate and master levels. His research focus is EU economic integration, international financial issues and banking. He has actively participated in multiple EU multiannual financial framework negotiations and has acted as a consultant to the Western Balkan countries about financial aspects of the EU accession process.
MA, UNIVERSITY OF GOTHENBURG
This course provides an interdisciplinary understanding of Europe’s role in the world and draws on a range of approaches in the social sciences and the humanities. The course assesses the international significance of European integration, the impact of global developments on Europe, and the changing role of Europe in the new world order.
PAST ACTIVITIES :
- EUTOPIA labeled LU ‘Europe in the world’ (sept-nov 2020), coordinated by L. Aggestam (UoG) including VUB-led guest lectures.
- Virtual Simulation Exercise on the EU Digital Services Act. When? February 4-5 2021. Where? Online. Access will be provided to a dedicated VUB course. More info in this brochure.
- Winter School on EU Policy-Making: Analysing Digital Rights in Today’s EU –When? 1-12 Feb 2021 – Where? Virtual – more info: https://www.eu-winterschool.eu
- Cross-campus Lecture series on ‘Economic EU Policies’ –When? Feb-May 2021 – Where? Virtual – More info in this brochure
COMING UP :
- Summer School on EU Policy-Making: EU policy-making: Analysing civil rights in today’s EU – When?5-16 July 2021 – Where? Brussels & Vienna – more info: https://www.eu-summerschool.eu
- Cross-campus lectures series offered by UPF:
- Lecture 1 – Wednesday, 5th of May (9,30 – 11.00 CET, online): ‘The future of the common security and defense policy: the EU as a global military actor’, by Professor LUIS SIMON, IR Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and Director of the Elcano Brussels Office
- Lecture 2 – Wednesday, 19th of May (9,30 – 11.00 CET, online): ‘Jobs, economic growth and investment – The EU Horizon Programme’, by Dr. INGA ULNICANE, Research Fellow and DE Montfort University, UK – More info
- Virtual Simulation of Council negotiations on post-2020 EU budget – When? 28 June – 9 July 2021 – Where? Online – More info in this brochure
- EUTOPIA labeled LU ‘Europe in the world’ (sept-nov 2021), coordinated by L. Aggestam (UoG)
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?