EUTOPIA is an alliance of six European universities: The Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium), CY Cergy Paris University (France), the University of Gothenburg (Sweden), the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), the University Pompeu Fabra (Spain) and the University of Warwick (United Kingdom). They act together as part of the EUTOPIA 2050 project to achieve a common objective of co-creating a new model for higher education in Europe. Students occupy a central place in EUTOPIA as major strategic actors, operating in all bodies of governance and participating in EUTOPIA’s projects.
The “EUTOPIA Weeks” are part of their current project EUTOPIA2050. They aim to bring together all key actors of the project, to reinforce the alliance identity and culture and to develop joint actions. The University of Warwick organises the second EUTOPIA week from November 23 to November 27, 2020. During this week, among the professional meetings, the conferences, talks and workshops, EUTOPIA plans a EUTOPIA tote bag design contest.
The EUTOPIA project management team is the Organiser this Contest.
- The Contest is open to all students currently enrolled at one of EUTOPIA’s partner universities.
- The following submissions are ineligible:
- Designs that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Designs that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Designs that involve damage to the environment by the photographer or photo subjects.
- Designs that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- Participants submit their original design, which cannot exceed 32cm (height) x 30,5cm (width). You will find branding elements and guidelines in our BRANDING TOOLBOX.
- Participants must submit their original design to firstname.lastname@example.org by email, but are free to include a WeTransfer link should their file be too big to send by email. Participants should include their name, surname, home university, and enter ‘EUTOPIA tote bag design contest’ as the subject of their mail.
- Designs must be submitted before Sunday 22 Nov 2020, 23h59 GMT+1. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted designs must be original, created in its entirety by the contestant. They must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which the participant has not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- EUTOPIA respects designers’ copyrights, and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the design. Upon participation to the EUTOPIA tote bag design contest, the participant grants EUTOPIA and the EUTOPIA partner universities, exclusive, royalty-free, right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote EUTOPIA, the designer, or for editorial or educative use.
- The Jury is composed of the members of the EUTOPIA project management team. The panel will evaluate the eligibility of all entries upon submission. After this initial evaluation, the Jury will shortlist a selection of entries based on originality, quality, and suitability for printing purposes of the design. The shortlisted designs will then advance to the next round and will be published on the EUTOPIA Facebook page on Monday 23 November 2020. The design with the highest number of Facebook likes on Wednesday 25 November at 9h00 GMT+1 will be declared the winner of the EUTOPIA tote bag design contest.
- This declaration will be final and binding on all Participants concerning all matters relating to the Contest.
- The Jury holds the right to declare the contest unsuccessful if it judges that the material proposed is not relevant.
- The winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 25 2020, during the EUTOPIA Student Forum session. All participants are invited to attend this Student Forum session. If the results could not be announced during this ceremony, the results will be communicated to the candidates by Friday, November 27 2020, at the latest.
The winning design will become the official EUTOPIA tote bag, which will be produced by all partner universities who will use it for a wide range of EUTOPIA dissemination purposes.
- EUTOPIA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these rules or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- EUTOPIA reserves, at its sole discretion, the right to disqualify any entrant’s entitlement to a prize, if EUTOPIA determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair entry or playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
- Participants to the contest discharge EUTOPIA and its partners, employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the Contest.
- Participants to the Contest discharge EUTOPIA and its partners, employees, officers and representatives from any claim arising out of their participation in the Contest.
- Under no circumstance will EUTOPIA nor its partners, employees, officers or representatives be liable for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions; error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, submitted photo (s); problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Designs and/or the Submissions; and/or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of EUTOPIA, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, EUTOPIA reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the dates, to interrupt, to change or to cancel the Contest in the event of force majeure or exceptional circumstances. The Organiser cannot be held responsible for this fact.
- The Organiser cannot be held responsible if it fails in contacting the winners of the Contest, nor for the technical impossibility for a participant to send the photography.
- Participating in this Contest implies full acceptance of these rules.