The EUTOPIA European University is pleased to announce the forthcoming opening of 20 post-doctoral fellowships, as part of the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Program (EUTOPIA-SIF). The EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowship Program (EUTOPIA-SIF) has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement number 945380 and is co-funded by the member universities of EUTOPIA.
The EUTOPIA-SIF program aims at enhancing the research potential and career perspective of outstanding young researchers from around the world. It will provide the opportunity for early-career researchers to develop their independent research and undertake training. Fellows will be hosted by one of the partner universities of EUTOPIA and will be offered extensive mobility opportunities within EUTOPIA and beyond.
The EUTOPIA-SIF program focuses on 5 Key Research Areas that are central to understanding and shaping the future of our planet, the technologies that shape our lives and the societies we will live in:
- Materials engineering: including advanced analytical science, photonics, new material science, quantum technology
- Data & Intelligence: including artificial intelligence, complexity, information-systems engineering
- Health: including immunology and antibacterial resistance, cancer, ageing, reproductive health, neurosciences
- Sustainability: including energy, circular economy, mobility, urban planning, material heritage, water management
- Welfare & Inclusion: including business management and finance, governance, ethics, inequality, law and demography
Interdisciplinary interactions will be encouraged within the program, as the major scientific and societal challenges can only be solved by the collaboration of experts from different areas.
- Fellows are granted full academic freedom to pursue their research project whilst benefiting from expert academic supervision and state-of-the-art research infrastructure all within an active, interdisciplinary, international research community.
- The program promotes international mobility between EUTOPIA member universities, as well as towards international academic institutions. While letting fellows choose their primary hosting university, the program will create a transnational community of researchers through joint initiatives (e.g. yearly symposia, networking, etc).
- The program offers extensive training options, including transferable skills development and career mentoring.
- The program promotes innovation and entrepreneurship awareness and secondment with external partners. More than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organizations who are ready to train or host researchers on secondments already support the program.
- Fellows will be offered competitive contracts in every hosting university, for a duration of 24 months, with appropriate salaries covering their cost of living and income taxes that are fully aligned with European standard remuneration for post-doctoral fellows. A budget for research expenses, travel & mobility and training will be available to each fellow.
Call opening and application procedure
All necessary information regarding application procedure, selection criteria, and research topics will be available by 15th October 2020 on EUTOPIA’s website.
The foreseen deadline for applications is January 2021 and contracts are expected to start on September 2021. Details will be provided online.